Thursday 19 February 2009

Still standing...

Yes, my blog went off the boil for a while, but so has the business. I wish that I could have fast forwarded over the past few months as by now I hoped to be launched and seeing some great progress. We are now four months late and if you see the needle trembling on a Richter Scale it is just my fingers drumming the table with frustration at wait. It is just torturous! The delays keep on stretching out with tantalising false horizons while my reserves to keep me personally solvent ebb away.

The delays have all been technical, and the frustrating bit has not knowing exactly what needs to be done and why it needs to take so long. I think this could be a great case study in customer liaison for the techy industry. While I trust that the guys are doing their best and they are building something great, bespoke etc I am not abreast of their challenges, benchmarks and goals so I just have to cope with continual stretching deadlines.

Instead I listen to the news of the economy in meltdown and hope that there are still some customers with money by the time we launch. Strangely contradictory statistics come to mind, firstly Internet commerce is not being too badly effected in the credit crunch, secondly nine out of ten Internet business fail in the first five years. Laughing? Me neither...but then did I tell you the joke about my web developer and the deadlines?

Anyway, you can read a link about why businesses fail here - it is quite cheery as I fall into none of these categories....yet...
http://www.thebusinessdevelopers.com/articles/business_development/internet_business_success.html

No comments: