Thursday 26 February 2009

Let's Twitter

So many years I have bluffed my way with marketing and PR with generally good results, now I am appreciating the extent of my ignorance. Now how do you gen up on new media marketing? Yes, we can all search the internet but how can we tell good advice from bad?

It is funny how many free sources of information are only really teasers hoping that you will follow up the free information my subscribing to something of minimal benefit. The problem with true ignorance is that you don't know what you don't know!

You can research, watch webinars, go to seminars but ultimately with limited resources how do you take care of organic marketing (the marketing that everyone assures you is free, solely because you are not paying up front for advertising).

I have got this blog (which I have been fairly relaxed about updating), creating a website , and I have my Facebook fan page but I have kind of left it at that. I am very condescending towards people who have websites because they think that having a site is an end in itself, rather than having the site as part of an integral strategy that will link into core business. Suddenly I am doing a strange equivilent. My fairly limp facebook page and a blog that I sometimes ignore are never going to help me promote my website and make it the best, most fun site ever.

This morning I went to a seminar by Nigel Morgan and suddenly I started to gather together the threads and start to make more sense of the potential of 'Organic PR' as he called it. Where do I go from here? Well already I have a bad Twitter habit and I am starting to link everything together. I am also determind to be a more faithful blogger, so I am going to work on a strategy and I will let you know how I get along.

No comments: